Wednesday 14 September 2011

R.I.P. Steve Merill

R.I.P. Steve Merill

I don't usually do articles about anything that isn't retro gaming, but that doesn't mean I'm restricted to it, sure, the picture at the top is my old collection of retro games consoles, (it's extended since) the blog title refers to anything retro, be it games, movies, TV shows, or even Books, Comics or Magazines.

This article is dedicated to the Robot Wars legend Steve Merill, the captain of the Sir Chromalot team, sure, they never made it pass the heats in the competition, but like the Plunderbird and Diotior teams, were they entertaining, they were funny to watch, and they were great sportsmen, I even got goosebumps the whole time watching both them and Plunderbird have a segment, and a battle together in Robot Wars Extreme.

According to some of my friends from within the FMRW (Fan Made Robot Wars) community, he was also great behind the scenes, he always had time for his fans, had he of been working on his own robot, helping other teams or even on the phone to his loved ones, he'd always made time for the fans, he'd give them autographs and have a laugh!

Unfortunately, Steve Merill died of Cancer a few months back, and I had no idea about this, and I was shocked, and of course, sad, I loved watching him in Robot Wars, he never failed to put a smile on my face, and I'm not just saying this because he's passed away, I really mean it!

If you have no idea who he is and what he's done, I pity you, it's never too late to find out click here: http://robotwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sir_Chromalot

R.I.P. Steve Merill, you were a legend! You will be missed!

Cobra!

No comments:

Post a Comment