Sunday 4 September 2011

Retro Diary - 4/9/11 - "Hmm, I swear I was driving a car just a moment ago..."

This post was originally going to be an announcement to say that there probably wasn't going to be a Retro Diary for 2 weeks simply because of lack of activity, because my gran is going to Italy for a 2 week holiday, and me and my cousins usually meet up there, so basically, the nest 2 weeks would be quiet.

But then I had a thought, I actually did quite a bit this week, I was playing alot of games with my brother as well as completing and digging up some games of by myself.

I was actually playing alot of games throughout the week with my brother with games on Numerous consoles, here's what we played:
    In no particular order:
  • Rocky Legends [Xbox]
  • Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects [Gamecube]
  • Driv3r [Playstation 2]
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 4 [Playstation 2]
  • FIFA Football 2003 [Playstation 2]
  • Mortal Kombat Armageddon [Playstation 2]
  • Ready 2 Rumble Boxing [Dreamcast]
  • 1080 Snowboarding [Nintendo 64]
  • Driver 2: Back In The Streets [Playstation]
Yeah, I like calling game by their official names.

So anyway, we had a great time playing those, especially Ready 2 Rumble, that's one of the few games in my collection (in fact the only other games I can think of are Marvel Nemesis and Goldeneye) where it doesn't matter whether or not you win or lose, you're just having too much fun to care! Does anyone else have games like that? Games that are always a guaranteed blast to play in multiplayer, and it only works in local multiplayer, you don't get that feeling if you're playing online, can you?

We also played Driv3r alot too, not so much in multiplayer, but rather just taking turns playing singleplayer take a ride, and laughing at the glitches in the game, Driv3r to us is so bad, it's brilliant!

If you're wondering what the title is all about, I'm referring to a glitch and now possible in-joke from Driv3r, where my brother tried to steal some guys car, IN THE GAME (Another in-joke of ours.) of course, then the guy drove off for a bit, then just got out of the car and closed the door, letting my brother drive off, and then he said, pretending that guy was confused "Hmm, I swear I was driving a car just a moment ago...".

I also played alot of games on my own, I've completed Wipeout and Destruction Derby on the Sega Saturn, and let me tell you, it wasn't easy, alot of the time, I wanted to give up, put the disc back in it's case, and back onto the shelves no collect dust, but I kept on coming back to it, and then eventually completing both games, and it felt great, that I actually achieved something, that I can actually move on to the next game, because I'm sick of getting sequels to games I've never completed, if you saw my Backloggery profile, 62% of my games are uncompleted!

So from now own, if any games I want to get the sequel of, I'm going to complete the first/previous game before it and I swear on this... that is of course it's an arcade game, such as Sega Rally or Daytona USA, and therefore cannot technically complete it.

Yeah, this edition of Retro Diary is lame, and since there probably won't be one next week, let hope my typing skills and the way I put things have improved, probably won't, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment