Sunday 25 September 2011

Retro Diary - 25/9/11 - Pootis title here!

By the way, the title has no relation to the topic itself, I just had nothing else to put on it...

This week was "PS1 week", well, that was it's original plan, but since one of my cousins got Gears of War 3, we ended up playing the Xbox 360 in the end.

However, we did play a couple of PS1 games, literally, just 2 games.
  • WWF Smackdown 2: Know Your Role
  • WCW Mayhem

They were fun, using the Multi-tap to play 4 player and all, but no one was really enthusiastic about it, they started getting enthusiastic when my cousin set up the Xbox 360, playing Gears of War 3 and Call of Duty: Black ops, and that's fine, if they prefer those games, that's alright.

It's just that, no one ever cares about retro games, everyone I know are into modern games like Gears of War 3 and Call of Duty:Black Ops, the type of games that I, quite frankly, hate, I feel so left out!

I can respect other peoples opinion, it's just that I'm the only guy who enjoys retro games, at least in Glasgow, no one else cares, even if I ask them if I want to play something, they'll just say/mumble that I can choose a game, like if they don't care, and want it over and done with.

I guess that's the price to pay for being a retro gamer, people think you're outdated, old fashioned, boring, stuff along those lines. Is it worth it? I'm not sure, I'm not sure at all.

Speaking of old fashioned, I got myself an official multi tap for the PS1, I forgot to mention, for those who don't know what a multi-tap is, a multi-tap is a device made to extend the amount of controller ports of a console, so now that I have one, I can play up with up to 4 other players on the PS1!

I also got Destruction Derby 2, which is in my opinion, much better than the original in my opinion, it has much better physics, and the gameplay's much faster, the only fault I can point out about it, is that you don't turn sharp enough, I have to brake every corner, and that's no exaggeration.

Lastly, I got myself Battlebots: Beyond the Battlebox on GBA, and it isn't as bad as most people put it out to be, although I completed in 2 hours, so although the game's life is short, it's fun, if you're a big fan of robot combat like me and want something new to play, this'll keep you occupied for a while.

That's all there is to this weeks retro diary, hope things get better next week...

Cobra!

No comments:

Post a Comment