Sunday 18 September 2011

Retro Diary - 18/9/11 - "Just because *I* have a working Atari Jaguar CD!"

Despite the impression you might've got from reading the title, it was actually Sega Saturn week! "Well then why the f*ck did you put the Atari Jaguar CD in the title!?" I hear you ask, well, I'll explain later.

First off, though, it's been quite an eventful(ish) week this week, let me tell you everything that happened in chronological order.

I'm going to skip the arrival of my (working) Atari Jaguar CD, as I've already posted an article all about it. My brother, for practically the whole week, was in my room playing Spiderman 2 for the Playstation 2, I saw practically, I mean every minute where he wasn't in school or sleeping, in some nights, he was even playing until midnight, so yeah, he hogged my TV, but I didn't mind, because I enjoyed watching him play it, especially since he comments as he plays, like a let's play, in fact while I eat, I prefer watching him play it than watching something on the internet.

This is sad, I'm going on about how I enjoy watching my brother play a game while I eat, how low I sunk to!?

Anyway, on Thursday, after I came home from College, my Gamecube controller arrived, this is the one that is purple at the front, and clear at the back, and this is an official controller, I never knew Nintendo made these kind of controllers!

I've yet to try it out, I will once I get my old one back from my cousin, and play my brother at a game or two or Marvel Nemesis!

Speaking of college, in college, we play Quake 3 on the PCs at break times, which is cool. Not much to say about that other than, it's alot of fun!

Before I went to my grans today, I went to a car boot sale, and got myself a few still, some good deals, some bad.

but before that, I want to mention that I saw a bunch of Laserdiscs for sale! If you don't know what they are, you could say they were the precursor to DVDs, because they were discs that played videos, but there was one problem with them, THEY WERE MASSIVE! Seriously, I had to stretch out my hand just to hold it from the centre to the edge! The most surprising thing I think, was that this guy had Toy Story for laserdisc, I would've thought that laserdiscs were well dead by the time Toy Story came out, but it turns out I was wrong.

Anyway I got the Simpsons Movie Soundtrack, Special Edition, brand new, sealed, for just £1, and the seller wasn't a con artist, I checked the disc, not a scratch on it!

I also got Theme Park World and a Multi tap for the PS1 for a total of £4, Theme Park World worked just fine, I'm totally addicted to that, but the multi-tap is useless, it doesn't work, I have 2 game that support multi-tap (Klonoa Beach Volleyball and Cubix: Race n' Robots), and it doesn't work on either.

At lastly, I got the Godfather Trilogy boxset on VHS, unfortunately, this doesn't work, in fact, it's the opposite, it almost ruined my VCR! Luckily, we got it fixed in the end, but I am NEVER going to touch that boxset EVER again!

When it was time to go to grans, I brought my Sega Saturn, as it was Sega Saturn week, and just in case, my Game Boy Color, we didn't play that though, it was all about the Saturn.

The game we played:
    In the order we played them
  • NiGHTS: Into Dreams...
  • Fighters Megamix
  • Resurrection: Rise 2
  • Sega Rally
  • Virtua Fighter 2
  • Daytona USA: Championship Circuit Edition

The games we enjoyed the most were Fighters Megamix and Virtua Fighter 2. Fighters Megamix, if you don't know, and you probably don't, it's rather obscure, it's basically like a Sega Smash Bros., only it came out before, you can even play as a car from Daytona USA!

I mentioned above that I was going to explain why I mentioned the Atari Jaguar CD in the title, well I will now, when I'm losing in a game again my cousins, for a joke, I go "Just because *I* have a working Atari Jaguar CD!", sorry to dissapoint you Jaguar Fans, that was all I had about the Jaguar CD in this, well, I suppose except we have an in joke where we say "When I grow up, I want to be a *Insert inanimate object here*!" and when we were saying silly stuff like that I said "When I grow up, I want to be an Atari Jaguar CD!"... Well, it was funny at the time.

That's about it for todays Retro Diary, now if you'll excuse me, I have a Theme Park to attend to...

Cobra!

No comments:

Post a Comment